80 Leadership Quotes and 5 Tips to Become the Best Leader You Can Possibly Be!
If you aspire to inspire and choose to become a leader, then there are some things you need to know if you want to do it properly. The only thing a leader need is followers. It’s as simple as that. You don’t need authority, or position, or status, or rank, or title nothing. You just need a group of people dedicated and willing to volunteer to follow you to you and your vision ready to support you into the depths of hell, this is what a good leader is. I’ve seen people with significant amounts of authority, that have nobody willing to risk anything for them, but people with virtually nothing, have a vast number of following ready to get under their leadership. So, getting to the essentials, these following tips, are in my eyes the most important things you need if you want to be the best version of yourself as possible when it comes to leadership.
Tip no1: Provide a Clear Vision.
As human beings, we can only see things that we have words for. We can only visualize the things that are in the grasp of our logic. So, if you want people to share your vision, you have to make it clear enough for them to understand. Nobody will follow a vague term like “Growth” or “Development.” You need to explain what is it that you want to do clearly, how are you going to do it, what do you need, when/by when you want to accomplish it. Give your followers a purpose to follow, beyond the money, beyond the risks, beyond the hard work. If you want the blood, sweat, and tears of your followers, you have to prove that you are fit to be their leader. If everyone can see what you are seeing, then they can put all their hard work and effort into achieving that vision.
Tip no2: Provide Stability and Security.
The main reason human beings started forming pacts in the first place was that it provided them with the stability and security they needed to survive and evolve. If you know that someone has your back in times of need if you know that there is someone out there that cares about your well being and can protect you from the threats of the outside world. If you know you can sleep at night peacefully because someone is staying up to look out for potential dangers, then you can put all of your time and effort in producing results and are more than willing to do so.
Tip no3: Give Everyone a Chance to Contribute.
No matter how successful the business, or the office, or anything that you have chosen to become the leader of, if someone doesn’t feel a part of it and doesn’t feel like they have contributed to the success, then they will not love it. If all of your followers feel like you couldn’t have done it without their hard work and effort, then they will not work that hard in the first place. Everyone wants to feel loved, everyone wants to feel valued, everyone wants to feel trusted and to be able to trust others, everyone wants to know that they matter for the people around them. Success only comes in a group. Like the Africans said it way before us, “If you want to go fast, go alone if you want to go far, go together.” Make them feel instrumental to the company, and in return, they will be more than willing to act as such.
Tip no4: Put the Interests of the People First.
Human beings always come first. We are so willing to sacrifice the people for the numbers, but not the numbers for the people, it’s a bit backward don’t you think? You see, it’s in times of need that the faith and value of a team are tested and in that time, it’s the people that will come to your aid, not the numbers. In these times of need, it is everyone that will rise up with you to face any danger at hand, because you see, everyone should suffer a little, than for anyone to suffer a lot.
Tip no5: Think of your Following like your Family.
As a parent, you don’t get to choose your kids. Some are weird, some are funny looking, some are not that smart, yet you give them unconditional love. Can you fire your children? No! Then why do you choose to fire, or lay off your following? A good parent doesn’t point out the bad aspects of their child and threatens them to put them up for adoption. Instead, they point out their strengths and encourage them to do what they are good at. If they fail, help them up, if they have difficulties, train them, help them understand, make them feel safe, wanted, appreciated and in return, they will contribute more to your vision that you could ever possibly imagine, but at the end of the day, everything a great leader does, is work tirelessly to ensure that their followers can achieve more than they could have ever possibly imagined.
80 Leadership Quotes That Will Inspire You to Be Great Leader
- Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.
- The most exceptional leader is not necessarily the one who does the most significant things. He is the one that gets the people to do the most important things.
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.
- Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.
- To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.
- A boss has the title, a leader has the people.
- Quote of the Day
- We cannot lead anyone farther than we have been ourselves.
- Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them.
- The secret of leadership is simple: Do what you believe in. Paint a picture of the future. Go there. People will follow.
- A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better.
- A leader is best when people barely know he exists when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.
- A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.
- A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.
Browse through our unique collection of wishes and famous quotes. Find the best messages and cards for every occasion.1000+ Unique Birthday Wishes Birthday Wishes for your Friends Funny Birthday Messages Romantic Birthday Wishes Good Morning Messages Good Morning Messages for Girlfriend Good Morning Messages for Boyfriend Love Quotes Love Quotes for Him Love Quotes for Her Good Night Messages for Friends Good Night Quotes and Messages
- A most important key to successful leadership is your ability to direct and challenge the very best that is in those whom you lead.
- An army of deer would be more formidable commanded by a lion, than an army of lions commanded by a stag.
- Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.
- Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.
- The consensus is the negation of leadership.
- Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Eagles don’t flock – you have to find them one at a time.
- Education is the mother of leadership.
- Every man who takes office either grows or swells, and when I give a man an office, I watch him carefully to see whether he is swelling or growing.
- He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander.
- His aim fulfilled, They will say We did it ourselves.
- I am certainly not one of those who need to be prodded. In fact, if anything, I am the prod.
- I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep.
- If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!
- It is much safer to obey than to govern.
- It is very comforting to believe that leaders who do terrible things are, in fact, mad. That way, all we have to do is make sure we don’t put psychotics in high places, and we’ve got the problem solved.
- It’s great to work with somebody who wants to do things differently.
- Leaders aren’t born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal or any goal.
- Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned.
- Leadership has a harder job to do than just choose sides. It must bring the sides together.
- Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.
- Leadership is an action, not a position.
- Leadership is getting someone to do what they don’t want to do to achieve what they want to achieve. Toma Landry
- Leadership is the ability of a single individual through his or her actions to motivate others to higher levels of achievement.
- Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want to be done because he wants to do it.
- Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.
- Leadership should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it.
- Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.
- My responsibility, our responsibility as lucky Americans, is to try to give back to this country as much as it has given us, as we continue our American journey together.
- Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- No man is fit to command another that cannot command himself.
- No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or to get all the credit for doing it.
- No two men can be half an hour together, but one shall acquire an evident superiority over the other.
- Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck, leads the flock to fly and follow.
- One measure of leadership is the caliber of people who choose to follow you.
- One of the true tests of leadership is the ability to recognize a problem before it becomes an emergency. Arnold Glasow
- Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.
- People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.
- People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader works in the open, and the boss in covert. The leader leads, and the boss drives.
- Remember that to change your mind and follow him who sets you right is to be none the less free than you were before.
- Rule a kingdom as though you were cooking a small fish, don’t overdo it.
- Success for leadership is knowing the great art of directing others without their noticing it.
- The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants to be done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
- The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor but without folly.
- The common characteristics of people make a community possible, but it is their uncommon qualities that make it better.
- The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.
- The human mind is as driven to understand as the body is driven to survive.
- The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.
- The leader has to be practical, and a realist yet must talk the language of the visionary and the idealist.
- The leadership instinct you are born with is the backbone. You develop the funny bone and the wishbone that go with it.
- The man whose authority is recent is always stern.
- The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reached the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go.
- The nation will find it very hard to look up to the leaders who are keeping their ears to the ground.
- The only real training for leadership is leadership.
- The spirited horse, which will try to win the race of its own accord, will run ever faster if encouraged.
- The very essence of leadership is that you have to have a vision. It’s got to be a vision you articulate clearly and forcefully on every occasion. You can’t blow an uncertain trumpet.
- There are three essentials to leadership: humility, clarity, and courage.
- There is no worse mistake in public leadership than to hold out false hope soon to be swept away.
- To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less.
- To lead in the 21st century-to take soldiers, sailors, and airmen into battle, you will be required to have both character and competence.
- Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly, and they will show themselves great.
- What is a committee? A group of the unwilling, picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary.
- You can send a message around the world in one-fifth of a second, yet it may take years for it to get from the outside of a man’s head to the inside.
- You do not lead by hitting people over the head, that’s assault, not leadership.
- You will never be a leader unless you first learn to follow and be led.
- 100 Achievement Quotes and Sayings and 5 Tips to Achieve your Goals
- 4 Habits that every Successful Person has – 20 Quotes to Inspire Positive Habits
- 50 Motivational Quotes and 7 Tips to get you Motivated
- 70 Opportunity Quotes and 5 Simple Tips to See Problems as Opportunities
- Success Quotes and Tips to Inspire Success in your Life
- Strength Quotes and Tips to Become Emotionally Stronger