70 Opportunity Quotes and 5 Simple Tips to See Problems as Opportunities
Everyone encounters problems in life from time to time. It is only natural that in some occasions, things do not go as planned and the odds are not stacked in our favor. But as a wise man once said, “The problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem.” If you choose to view this problem as an obstacle, or even worse, as a wall, then you are destined to fail. On the contrary, if you choose to try and find an alternative, you might be in for a surprise. Some of humanity’s most significant accomplishments were done under the greatest of pressures when there was no alternative. It is only then that the human mind starts genuinely working. But, a little help is never wrong. So, we have provided you with some simple ways you can change your mindset today!
You have to accept that problems are inevitable and that there is nothing you can do to avoid them. You see, what separates the winners from the losers, is that when the latter is too busy whining about their situation, the former is already working on finding the solution. So, if you want to be successful, you must be solution oriented. You must not let the negativity of the situation get to you, because if it does, that’s check mate. It is easy to fall on a downward spiral created by your negative thoughts, which is hard to escape from. So, prevent your demise from the get-go, and when something happens that is not according to plan, don’t start by whining, start by fixing! Always keep in mind, that every problem is only as significant to you as you choose for it to be.
Focus on your Goals
It is essential that no matter the issue, you stay focused on your goal. While searching for a way out of a difficult situation, it’s easy to deviate from the plan and end up with a goal much different than originally planned. Stop thinking about the “what if” and start focusing on what you want to achieve. You need to prepare six steps ahead and take every step with extreme caution. Once a problem occurs, and your progress has been set back, instead of thinking about what the outside world might think about your situation, or how bad will it be if you fail, just take a moment and think about how much you want to succeed, do anything you need to do to get the motivation you need to go forward.
Evaluate the Possible Threats caused by the Problem.
Once a hard situation arises, a helpful thing to do is trying to access the situation. If you are looking to fix the issue, you must first understand its threat. You must be able to understand what is it that you should focus your attention on and orbit around it. This way, you will have a better understanding of the assets at your disposal, thus an easier time finding a way to make the best of your situation.
Don’t be Afraid to Ask for Help.
Nobody was brought to this world to be alone. This is why we have friends, associates, colleagues, and partners. It is the people close to us that we need to turn to in times of need because they care enough to give everything they have to help us find a solution. So, when faced with hardship, try and explain the situation to someone you trust so you can get a second opinion on the matter. This way, not only you can have a more rounded view of the situation by explaining it to someone else, but they might also have an idea that you didn’t think about, that proves to be extremely useful.
Don’t be Afraid to Take Risks.
If there is one thing every success story has in common, is that everything started with someone taking a risk, and probably failing, countless times. But, after a lot of trial and error, they succeeded. The thing is, nothing would have been accomplished if they didn’t take that risk. I know that failure is a difficult thing to process, and everyone is afraid of it, but if you learn how to master failure, it can be your greatest teacher. So, if you want to get the most out of a situation, learn how to take risks, and if you fail, find out what went wrong and try again, until you succeed. If you don’t think it will ever succeed, try something else, be creative, use your imagination and no matter the difficulty, you will come out on top.
70 Opportunity Quotes
- In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. By Albert Einstein.
- Opportunity knocks at the strangest times; it’s not the time that matters but how you answer the door. By Steve/Gray.
- A man who misses his opportunity, and a monkey who misses his branch, cannot be saved. Hindu Proverb.
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every problem. By Sir Winston Churchill.
- A philosopher being asked what the first thing necessary to win the love of a woman was, answered, ‘Opportunity.’ By Marianne Craig Moore.
- A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds. By Francois Bacon.
- Ability is of little account without opportunity. By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- Age is opportunity no less than youth itself. By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- Decision and determination are the engineer and fireman of our train to opportunity and success. By Burt Lawlor.
- Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions, it only guarantees equality of opportunity. By Irving Kristol.
- Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem a turned it into an opportunity. By Joseph Sugarman.
- Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage. By Victor Kiam.
- Equal opportunity means everyone will have a fair chance of being incompetent. By Dr.Laurence J. Peters.
- Even when opportunity knocks, a man still has to get up off his seat and open the door.
- Everyone has a fair turn to be as great as he pleases. By Jeremy Collier.
- For every problem, there is an opportunity.
- Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity. Arabian Proverb.
- He who refuses to embrace a unique opportunity loses the prize as surely as if he had failed. By William James.
- Hell is the knowledge of opportunity lost; the place where the man I am comes face to face with the man I might have been.
- How often the sight of means to do ill deeds, makes deeds ill done. By William Shakespeare.
- Ideals are the incentive payment of practical men. The opportunity to strive for them is the currency that has enriched America through the centuries. By Robert E. Hannegan.
- If a window of opportunity appears, don’t pull down the shade. By Thomas J.Tom Peters.
- If God shuts one door, He opens another. Irish Blessing.
- If we do not take advantage of our opportunities, it is our own fault. By Thomas J. Watson.
- It is less important to redistribute wealth than it is to redistribute opportunity. By Arthur H. Vandenberg.
- It is often hard to distinguish between the hard knocks in life and those of opportunity. By Frederick Philipse.
- It still holds true that man is most uniquely human when he turns obstacles into opportunities. By Eric Hoffer.
- It’s the man who waits for his ship to come in who’s always missing the boat.
- Learn to listen. Opportunity could be knocking at your door very softly.
- Life is often compared to a marathon, but I think it is more like being a sprinter; long stretches of hard work punctuated by brief moments in which we are given the opportunity to perform at our best. By Michael Johnson.
- Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. By Oprah Winfrey.
- Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. By Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
- Many an opportunity is lost because a man is out looking for four-leaf clovers.
- Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity. By H.Jackson Brown JR.
- Once an opportunity has passed, it cannot be caught.
- Opportunities – They are all around us there is power lying latent everywhere waiting for the observant eye to discover it. By Orison Swett Marden.
- Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
- Opportunity comes like a snail, and once it has passed you, it changes into a fleet rabbit and is gone. By Arthur Brisbane.
- Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door. By Kyle Chandler.
- Opportunity is often difficult to recognize; we usually expect it to beckon us with beepers and billboards. By William Arthur Ward.
- Opportunity is often missed because we are broadcasting when we should be tuning in.
- Opportunity knocked. My doorman threw him out. By Adrienne Gisoff.
- Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell.
- Opportunity often comes in disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat. By Napoleon Hill.
- Opportunity, often it comes in the form of misfortune or temporary defeat. By
- Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises. By Demosthenes.
- Some people stay far away from the door if there’s a chance of it opening up. They hear a voice in the hall outside and hope that it just passes by. By Billy Joel.
- Teachers open the doors, but you must enter by yourself. Chinese Proverb.
- The Chinese write the word crisis with two characters, one of which means danger and the other opportunity. By Milo Perkins.
- The less you know about an opportunity, the more attractive it is.
- The lure of the distant and the difficult is deceptive. The great opportunity is where you are. By John Burroughs.
- The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck. By Anthony Robbins.