5 Tips and 20 Inspirational Quotes on Willpower
Having the willpower to go through any obstacle to achieve your goal is not easy. To have the discipline and self-control to keep fighting can be too much at a time, I know. But, it’s necessary if you want to achieve anything. So, take this as a chance to self-improve. These are some tips that I would suggest you follow to help you build your ability to control your thoughts and desires to become strong enough to reach any height you set as your goal!
Tip No1: Managing Stress
It is much easier to find the strength to move on when you are not completely stressed out by a situation. When you approach a problem, or in our case, an obstacle between you and your goal, while having a clear/stress-free mind, it is much easier to see that it is possible. Once you know that you can do it, the rest is just the dirty work. So, you might be asking right now, “How do I deal with stress?”. To be completely honest with you, I can’t give you a specific cookie-cutter answer because everyone deals with stress differently, so I’m going to provide you with some generic ways that have seen to work amongst people so you can find the one that suits you better.
- Music: This has always been a way that relaxed people since the beginning of time. Put some relaxing music to play on your headphones or speakers, close your eyes, lay back, and take a moment to calm down. After that, you will have a clear enough mind to find the strength to move on.
- Stress Balls: Yes, that’s right, they work! These little soft things you see being sold left, right, and center that says that will help you deal with stress if you squeeze them, actually do work for most people! You can pick one up at your local mini-market for a relatively low price, so when you are dealing with stress and try to think of a solution, just go ham at them!
- Improving your lifestyle: It has been scientifically proven that bad sleep schedules and insufficient nutrition do contribute to chronic stress. So, maybe trying to get 8 hours of sleep every night and stopping all that junk food you’ve been eating at work will help you deal with stress more efficiently, thus making the task of mastering the art of self-discipline and willpower easier.
Tip No2: Postpone the Things that aren’t that Important for Later
Focusing on too many things at once is a great way to create unnecessary stress. If you did take a look at tip no1, you would understand why stress is bad for you and your effort to maintain your willpower. Thus, putting aside the things that are not that important will help you focus on your goal, putting 100% of your effort into the things that actually matter.
Tip No3: Set Goals for Yourself
So, I’ve been talking about dreams and goals all this time. Still, I’ve never gotten around to explaining why it is essential to set goals if you want to have willpower and self-discipline. You see, when you convince yourself that there is something that must be done over a certain period, then the self-discipline required will come to you naturally. If you have a plausible target in sight, it will be harder to get sidetracked in the process.
Browse through our unique collection of wishes and famous quotes.
Find the best messages and cards for every occasion.1000+ Birthday Wishes Birthday Wishes for Friends Funny Birthday Messages Romantic Birthday Wishes Good Morning Messages Good Morning Messages for Girlfriend Good Morning Messages for Boyfriend Love Quotes Love Quotes for Him Love Quotes for Her Good Night Messages for Friends Amazing Good Night Messages
Tip No4: Give Yourself Mini-Rewards
If you try to do the entire thing in one go, things will get tiring, they will get rough, and sometimes you will see no hope in the other side of the tunnel, thinking that there is no point in going on. Thus, giving yourself mini-rewards to complement your progress gives you a visible representation of how good you’re doing. So, my point is, set yourself a timetable and if you follow it, give yourself a friendly pat in the back to keep you going. Maybe a cheat meal in your diet, or a relaxation day on your gym quest to a perfect body, or a day without studying/working. You name it; it’s your reward, after all.
Tip No5: Identify the Things You Want to Change
Maybe it’s a bad habit or something you don’t like about yourself. Identifying the bad traits that you specifically wish to change helps you maintain the willpower needed. Or at least, more than beating around the bush would help. The key is being specific, than being focused and calm. After that, you just have to be yourself. Plus, if you change your bad habits to good ones, it will be easier to function under stress, which is when most people fall back to their habits.
20 Inspirational Quotes On Willpower
- You have a mighty mind that can make anything happen as long as you keep yourself centered.
- Willpower is like a muscle: The more you train it. The stronger it gets.
- Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
- Will is a character in action.
- People do not lack strength; they lack will.
- Will power is to the mind like a strong blind man who carries on his shoulders a lame man who can see.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
- Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes.
- A man can do all things if he but wills them.
- Willpower is the key to success. Successful people strive no matter what they feel by applying their will to overcome apathy, doubt, or fear.
- What you have to do and the way you have to do it is incredibly simple. Whether you are willing to do it, that’s another matter.
- Willpower and desire, when properly combined, make an irresistible pair.
- It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
- Free will and determinism are like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you is determinism. The way you play your hand is free will.
- Self-will is so ardent and active that it will break a world to pieces to make a stool to sit on.
- The time is always right to do what is right.
- Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your promotion.
- It is not because things are different that we do not dare; we do not dare say they are difficult.
- If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.
- 4 Habits that every Successful Person has – 20 Quotes to Inspire Positive Habits
- How to Be Determined! 8 Tips and 30 Powerful Determination Quotes
- Character Building – Quotes and Tips
- 5 Lessons that are Guaranteed to Make your Life more Positive!
- 100 Achievement Quotes and Sayings and 5 Tips to Achieve your Goals
- Achieve Greatness with these Ten Simple Tips! 50 Quotes to Inspire Greatness!
- Strength Quotes and Tips to Become Emotionally Stronger
- 40 Discipline Quotes and 6 Tips to Build Self-Discipline