International Men’s Day: History, Quotes, Messages
International Men’s Day (IMD) is an annual international event celebrated on November 19 every year. Besides celebrating the contribution of women on International Women’s Day on March 8, International Men’s Day motivates men to teach the boys in their lives the responsibilities, character, and values of being a man. Remember that this day is not intended to compete in contradiction of International Woman’s Day but highlights the importance of men’s experiences. IMD was first declared in February 1992 by Thomas Oaster to raise awareness about men’s issues. IMD was re-initialized in 1999 in Trinidad and Tobago.
Quotes and Messages to Celebrate International Men’s Day
- Thank you for keeping my faith in good men intact! You deserve nothing but the best. Happy International Men’s Day.
- No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.
- Men are beautiful creations of God, but they are not perfect, so they usually have several errors. Happy International Men’s Day!
- A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means. – Sallust
- A man does what he must – despite personal consequences, obstacles and dangers, and pressures – and that is the basis of all human morality. By President John F. Kennedy
- At times, a man must be hard as nails: willing to face up to the truth about himself…But he must also be tender. No weapon will breach the armor of a woman’s resentment like tenderness. by Elisabeth Elliot
- A real man can’t stand seeing his woman hurt. So he’s careful with his decisions and actions, so he never has to be responsible for her pain.
- A real man only lies to his woman when he’s surprising her.
- A woman simply is, but a man must become. Masculinity is risky and elusive. It is achieved by a revolt from a woman, and it is confirmed only by other men. Manhood coerced into sensitivity is no manhood at all. By Camille Paglia
- Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. But being a gentleman is a matter of choice. By Vin Diesel
- Do not judge me by my successes; judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again. By Nelson Mandela
- It’s Time to Thank Men for All the Love and Support! Happy Men’s Day!
- Just like a tree is known for its fruits, a man is known for his good deeds. His friendship, his love, his kindness never fade, but they always bring him love… Happy International Men’s Day to you, my dear.
- Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth. – Chuck Norris
- A real man won’t date the most beautiful girl in the world – he’ll date the girl that makes his world beautiful.
- A gentleman will open doors, pull out chairs, and carry things. Not because she’s helpless or unable, but because he wants to show her that she is valuable and worthy of respect. By Charles J. Orlando
- A good boyfriend loves his girl with all his heart. So he isn’t afraid to point to his girl in front of his friends and say: That’s my baby.
- On International Men’s Day, I want to thank God for surrounding me with such amazing men who are indeed my best friends.
- Real men stay faithful. They don’t have time to look for another woman because they’re too busy looking for new ways to love themselves.
- Shoutout to Men Who, Despite All Odds and Obstacles, Paved Ways for Themselves. May You Get More Strength. Happy Men’s Day!
- The first step for being a good man is this: You must deeply feel the burden of the stones some else [is] carrying. By Mehmet Murat ildan
- The natural man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection. By Thomas Paine
- The stronger a man is, the more gentle he can afford to be. By Elbert Hubbard
- You always have sacrificed your comforts and choices for the sake of the family… you have fought the fiercest battles to bring a smile on their faces… You are, indeed, the strongest man I know… Happy International Men’s Day to you.
- Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man. By Don Vito Corleone, The Godfather