30 of the Most Awesome Breakup Text Messages Ever! Breakup Like a Grownup: Tips for Doing it Right
Breaking up is hard to do especially when you have shared many beautiful moments. The right words should be firm and clear that the relationship is really over even while offering kindness, empathy, and gratitude for the experience. You want the parting to be positive because there is never a good reason to trash the person you once loved and who reciprocated with as much love and concern for you throughout your relationship. Use the following messages, and personalize them to reflect your deeply felt regrets and firm beliefs that you will both make it through.
Breakup Messages for Boyfriend
- The future is never promised, so we lived for the day. Unfortunately, there is no “us” in the future. That should be clear by now. I’m sorry.
- Our friends will think I’m crazy for letting you go, but I have to. We both deserve to explore the world separately so that we can find our place in it.
- I have decided, that I no longer care about our relationship, and I want to end this. I would feel bad, but you never cared as well. So I’m sorry, but this is goodbye.
- You said that my feelings mattered, but your actions never took my feelings into account. So I’m sorry, but this is the end.
- When I was thinking whether or not I should end my relationship, it was the first time I was taking my feelings into consideration, because I know that I am the only one that will feel sad. So I’m sorry, but goodbye.
- I used to look at you with kindness and love, but after all the times you’ve failed me, I cannot do this anymore. So, this is goodbye.
- When you truly love someone, you’ll let them go. If you were meant for each other, you’d find your way back. So for now, it’s goodbye from me.
- No one knows what the future holds, but I have to do this to find out for myself. I had a wonderful growing experience with you, but now I must go and follow my own road.
- You are a beautiful person, and there is another lovely person out there who is just right for you. It isn’t me, unfortunately, so I must go.
- All I wanted was for this to work, but you weren’t even interested. This is why I have chose to let go before I get my heart broken again.
- I have never meant anything to you, this is why I’m sure that my decision to end this will not affect you. This is why, I’m sorry, but goodbye.
- I’ve always loved you enough for both of us, but after all of your mistakes, I don’t think I can keep doing this anymore. Goodbye.
- I don’t think there is a worse feeling than being in a relationship with someone that does not care about you at all. This is why I’m sorry, but I have to let go. Goodbye.
- Love is complicated, and life even more so. We’ve reached a fork in the road, and now our paths diverge. Good luck to you.
- I am sorry. I’ve reached the end of the road in this relationship. Please let me go.
Breakup Messages for Girlfriend
- I’m sorry that we did not work out. You are a sweet, smart and beautiful woman. You deserve someone more significant than me.
- It was not meant to be, and I am genuinely I have nothing but good wishes for you.
- I hate to let you go, but I must because this is not working out. I know that we can become better people if we give ourselves a chance to find ourselves.
- It was the right love at the wrong time. We must let go so that we can grow. Let us pray that we will both find our way in the world.
- I don’t regret every moment spent with you. Our relationship was heady and happy and fun. But we have naturally grown in different directions, and the sooner we accept this, the better for both of us.
- You used to say that I was the love of your life, but you ended up, but you ended up caring more about your life and less about your love. Thus, I’m afraid I can no longer be with you. Goodbye.
- It hurts me more than it hurts you to say goodbye. But this is one of the main reasons I want to end this, because I always cared, and you did not. Goodbye.
- Our paths may have been crossed for some part of the way, but as it seems these paths do not end in the same spot. So, I suppose that this is goodbye.
- You may have been the best thing that has happened to my life, but after all you have done, I am not sure I can say that statement again. So for now, this is goodbye.
- When we first met, you said that you would do whatever it takes to make me happy. But your actions so far have only proved otherwise. This is why I feel that I cannot continue this anymore. I’m sorry, but goodbye.
- You are every wish fulfilled for me, but we don’t seem to get along very well. A relationship should uplift not destroy, but I am afraid that destruction and devastation appears to have taken over. Let us try to move on so that we can rediscover our better selves.
- It is over. I’m sorry for causing you pain, but life is full of weird turns like this. We had so much love, but our life goals just don’t mesh. Good luck.
- You used to be the girl of my dreams, but we could not overcome the simplest of problems. This is why this relationship failed. I’m sorry, but this is goodbye.
- The problem with our relationship is that you are always trying to find ways to show the world we are happy, whereas I’m always trying to find ways to be happy. What ended up happening is that now we are both sad. So I’m sorry, but this is goodbye.
- You promised me to make me the happiest man in the world. But I don’t know in what twisted world lies and deceit make a person happy. So I’m sorry, but I’m taking my leave. Goodbye.
In the society we live in, an unfortunate event, is that relationships tend to last less and less. It is hard for a couple to survive for long enough, during to a plethora of social phenomena. But, for you to have been with someone for a certain amount of time, and be willing to go into such extent to find a proper way to end it, it must have meant something for you. But, if I have one advice to give in situations like these, is to try and not vent your anger in your breakup text, if you so choose to use a text. I generally do not condone breakup over text, because it is too impersonal, but if the circumstances have made it as such, that a text is the only solution, then at least try to be civilized. I know that most of the times you have feelings inside of you that you are unable to express fully, but you don’t want to look back into your relationship and see it cover in anger. In situations like these, it is better to stress out what you once had, and the reasons why you feel that it is not the same anymore, making you want to end it. So, what I am proposing is that you write something that comes from your heart, expressing your true feelings. To help you out, we have provided you with some breakup messages that you can either use as they are, or use for inspiration!