Best Travel Quotes to Inspire You to Explore the World
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant effect on everyone’s life. Travel quotes are the closest we have gotten to travel the world. With quarantine and the constant lockdowns keeping us in place, many of us have stayed merely with a dream and an expired ticket, daydreaming of what our trip could have been. This is why travel quotes are so powerful; they put our imagination to life with words better than our own. They inspire us to pursue our dreams, take action and get out of our comfort zone, which is the best way to become the best version of ourselves. So, we have compiled the best travel quotes we could find, to help you satisfy your thirst for the world.
Inspirational Quotes About Travel
- We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
- Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
- Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.
- I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.
- Don’t tell me how educated you are; tell me how much you have traveled.
Famous Travel Quotes To Look At When You Miss Traveling
- We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment. – By Hillaire Belloc
- I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. – By Susan Sontag
- Only one who wanders finds new paths. – Norwegian Proverb
- Once the travel bug bites, there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life. – By Michael Palin
- It is not the destination where you end up, but the mishaps and memories you create along the way. – By Penelope Riley
- A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles. – By Tim Cahill
- Travelers never think they are foreigners. – By Mason Cooley
- Never hesitate to go far away, beyond all seas, all frontiers, all countries, all beliefs. – By Amin Maalouf
- Traveling it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. – By Ibn Battuta
- Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey. – By Fitzhugh Mullan
- Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. – By Mark Twain
- A traveler without observation is a bird without wings. – By Moslih Eddin Saadi
- If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears. – By Cesare Pavese
- Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one’s lifetime. – By Mark Twain
- I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. – By Mark Twain
- I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. – By Mary Anne Radmacher
- Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you’ve never been to, perhaps more homesick than for familiar ground. – By Judith Thurman
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – By Helen Keller
- Travel is never a matter of money but of courage. – By Paulo Coelho
- If you think adventure is dangerous try routine. It is lethal. – By Paulo Coelho
- Investment in travel is an investment in yourself. – By Matthew Karsten
- The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. – By G.K. Chesterton
- No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow. – By Lin Yutang
- Who lives sees much. Who travels sees more. – Arab Proverb
- See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream. – By Ray Bradbury
- Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before. – By Dalai Lama
- Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. – By Gustav Flaubert
- A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. – By Lao Tzu
- If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and avoid the people, you’d be better staying at home. – By James Michener
- Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures. – By Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
- The further I go, the closer to me I get. – By Andrew Mccarthy
- Never go on trips with anyone you do not love. –By Hemmingway
- To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. – By Aldous Huxley
- Take only memories, leave only footprints. – By Chief Seattle
- I love the feeling of being anonymous in a city I’ve never been to before. – By Bill Bryson
- The world is a book and those who do not travel only read a page. – By St. Augustine
Short Travel Quotes
- Wander often, wonder always.
- Travel is my therapy.
- Adventure is out there.
- Everyone smiles in the same language.
- Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.
- One must travel to learn.
- There’s no way I was born to just pay bills and die.
- Nothing develops intelligence like travel.
- To travel is to evolve.
- Not all those who wander are lost.
- If not now, when?
- Eat well, travel often.
- Learn to travel. Travel to learn.
- Life is short, and the world is wide.
- Jobs fill your pockets, adventure fills your soul.
Funny Travel Quotes
- Let’s wander where the wifi is weak.
- If you look like your passport photo, you’re too ill to travel. – By Martin Buber
- Don’t worry about the world ending today, it’s already tomorrow in Australia.
- I wish I had never gone traveling. Said no one ever.
- Vacation calories don’t count.
- Now I know why they tell you to put your head between your knees on crash landings. You think you’re going to kiss your ass good-bye. – By Terry Hanson
- Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo. – By Al Gore
- Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers. – By George Carlin
Best Travel Quotes Images
Final Thoughts on Traveling
My experience with travelling has been the core factor when it comes to my personal growth. It helped me uncover parts of myself that I never even knew were there. I met people and had amazing conversations about life and culture with people from all around the globe, which helped me get a better perspective on various things. I learned to live and pack light, and only care about what really matters to me, without bothering myself with pointless stuff. Living a travel-heavy life made me learn something new almost every single day. May it be a new word in a foreign language, a local dish, or even a juicy fact about local history, my brain and creativity were always stimulated by all these new and exciting facts, sights smells and sounds.
There are times where you step foot into a new place and feel like you just entered a fairy tale. Imagine arriving on a busy square, somewhere in Europe, filled with fancy buildings and cute little pastry shops, or a busy market in the Middle East, filled with colors and beautiful handmade crafts. No matter where your destination is, the only certain thing is that you can never get bored, as there are always new places to explore. Just remember to stay safe and wear a mask!