St. Patrick’s Day Messages and Greeting Cards for Friends and Family
St. Patrick’s Day began as a religious holiday to commemorate Ireland’s patron saint, Saint Patrick. It is celebrated on March 17 because that is the date he is believed to have died, but it is certainly not a gloomy holiday, despite that fact. Instead, the day has become a day of light-hearted merriment for people around the world of many religious and cultural backgrounds. If you are Irish for a lifetime or you just want to be Irish for a day, St. Patrick’s Day is a time to show off your Irish spirit. Part of showing that spirit involves connecting with other people to make their day a little brighter. Here are samples of greetings you can send to make your loved one’s St. Patrick’s Day extra special. You can add or detract from the messages to customize them, and write the messages in traditional greeting cards or send them via text or email.
Irish Blessings and Wishes for Saint Patrick’s Day Cards
- May your day be filled with lucky shamrocks and great food and drink! Happy St. Patrick’s Day, my friend.
- You are my favorite Irish person, even if we both know that you are not really Irish. Happy Day for all things Irish!
- Today, we’re all Irish! Green is a good color on you. Happy St. Patrick’s day!
- Hoping your Saint Patrick’s Day is full of fun and cheer. Happy St. Patrick’s day!
- I wish I could be there to celebrate with you this year like in old times past. Instead, I will just have to send this extra big and happy St. Patrick’s Day greetings to you!
- I love that we can share the fun holidays together like this one. May the luck of the Irish be with us!
- St. Patrick’s Day means some of the best things in life: good food, good drink, and celebrating with friends like you. Happy St. Pats Day!
- On this special day, I wish you a thousand lucky Shamrocks and a million pots of gold!
- Being awesomely Irish is not always easy, but St. Patrick’s Day is our day to kick back and celebrate! Happy Day to you, my friend!
- Beyond just shamrocks, funny hats and leprechauns, there is a deeper meaning to this day. May the blessings of St. Patrick be with you!
- Shamrocks, corned beef, green beer, party hats, leprechauns and you! You make the party complete. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- May St. Patrick protect you everywhere your journey takes you, and in whatever you do, on this day and all the days to come.
- This year I get to have extra Irish cheer because I am spending St. Patrick’s Day with you!
- Wishing you a day full of rainbows, pots of gold and enough Irish cheer to last the whole year. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day to the most beautiful Irish woman I know. You are worth more than a million lucky shamrocks or pots of gold.
- In the Irish traditions of blessings, may your glass of green beer and your pots of corned beef stay ever full.
- I cannot think of anyone else I would rather drink green beer with than you. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- May only the nicest leprechauns greet you on this day and may you wake and sleep with a smile lighting your face.
- I may not be Irish, but I know how to celebrate as if I am. You are cordially invited to come celebrate with me this St. Patrick’s Day!
- Wear the green and don the hat, St. Patrick’s Day parties are where it’s at! Come join us!
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day to my favorite little leprechaun! May your day be filled with cheer!
- In honor of the patron saint of Ireland, let us celebrate this holiday just like the Irish. It is time for parades, great music and fantastic food!
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day to my dearest friend! May all your best leprechaun wishes come true!
- I heard that if you catch a leprechaun, he would grant you wishes. I would wish for you to have the best St. Patrick’s Day ever!
- I want to wish you all a very happy St. Patrick’s Day. You would make Ireland proud. May luck be with you!
- St. Patrick’s Day is a great excuse to let your hair down and celebrate just because! I hope yours is great!
- We always have such a great time celebrating, and I look forward to our shenanigans this year, too! Happy St. Patrick’s Day, my fun friend!
Irish and St. Patrick’s Day Famous Quotes
- If you’re enough lucky to be Irish, you’re lucky enough! – Irish Saying
- May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, And may trouble avoid you, wherever you go. – Irish Blessing
- If I have any worth, it is to live my life for God so as to teach these peoples; even though some of them still look down on me. – By Saint Patrick
- Luck is believing you’re lucky. – By Tennessee Williams
- The Lord opened the understanding of my unbelieving heart, so that I should recall my sins. – By Saint Patrick
- We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English. – By Winston Churchill
- Geographically, Ireland is a medium- By sized rural island that is slowly but steadily being consumed by sheep. – By Dave Barry
- May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night. – Irish Blessing
- Before I was humiliated I was like a stone that lies in deep mud, and he who is mighty came and in his compassion raised me up and exalted me very high and placed me on the top of the wall. – By Saint Patrick
St. Patrick’s Day eCards