Simple Tips to Make Christmas more Meaningful
If the sparkly lights and the songs on the radio haven’t given you the hint yet, then you must live under a rock! Because it’s Christmas, arguably, the best season of the year! Most choose to spend them with their loved ones, eating, opening presents, singing, dancing, and doing all the other Christmas-like activities you could think of! But, unfortunately, there are some people that haven’t yet understood the meaning of such a wonderful time of the year. So, what ends up happening, is that those few weeks of wonder end up passing, without them understanding a thing. Or, maybe, they celebrate Christmas the same way as everyone else, but tend to find it really boring, and try to give more meaning to this sort of celebration. For you to be here, reading this, then it’s fair to suppose that you fall into one of these two categories. So, we have provided you with ways to make Christmas, the best time of your life!
Love Is Giving
- Christmas is not about you as an individual, seeking things from others. Instead, Christmas is all about sharing experiences and making not only your closest people but everyone around you feel special. So, you have a plethora of ways to give to the people around you. There are so many, that if you just go out to your neighborhood for 15 minutes you yourself will find plenty. But, we have provided you some ideas for you to think of!
- Volunteering: It could be a homeless shelter, or to any sort of organization that works for the interests of the “unfortunate” social groups of the community. Doing something good for the community will give you a sense of satisfaction like nothing else.
- No gift for Christmas: If you are looking for something creative as an alternative solution to make this Christmas a special one, I have a suggestion for you. Don’t buy any gifts for you or your family, and have them do the same. Then, use all of the money you have accumulated, to do something good for the community. I mean, like I said, sharing is caring, right?
- Carefully picking your presents: Instead of just picking the first thing in the shop to give as a Christmas present, try to give some thought to it, so that the receiver actually enjoys it. Maybe even write a Christmas message for them and give them a Christmas card to go along with that present! Then, not only them, but even you will be more satisfied by seeing joy overflowing the other person.
Spending Time with the Ones you Love
- Christmas is all about being with the ones you love. You can choose to do whatever you want for Christmas, but it is only a couple of weeks, so it is going to pass fast. The only thing that will remain then, are the memories you have created. So, the best way to creating memories you will remember fondly of in the future is by creating them with the ones you love most. So, here are some ways you can create amazing memories with your family, and make your Christmas a special one!
- Doing Christmas activities with your family: It could be Christmas tree, dancing and singing over some festive songs, maybe even trying the local customs for this event, but doing things with your favorite people in the world is going to create memories you will never forget!
- ALSO READ: The Christmas Holiday Survival Guide for Singles
- Sing Carols: I know that this could be mentioned in the previous category, but I feel that this is important enough to mention in on its own. That’s right! Singing carols is an amazing opportunity for you and your family to create memories. Running around with your kids singing festive songs from house to house, and then ending the day with a treat will be one of the fondest memories your kids will have once they grow up.
- ALSO READ: Tips for Avoiding Dating Disasters at Christmas
- Go for a trip: An amazing way to spend the holidays together. It doesn’t have to be some faraway exotic place that is going to cost you a kidney to go to. It may as well be a 15 minute trip to the next town. But, just the thought of spending some time away with your family, will bring enormous joy to everyone. Plus, a change of scenery is never a bad thing, especially for the holidays!
Reforming your Attitude
- At the end of the day, what will decide if your Christmas was meaningful or not, is your attitude. How you see things, is going to greatly impact the way they affect you. Thus, doing activities that will “set the mood” for you to have a good time, will make Christmas seem more meaningful, way more than spending yet another day doing the same boring stuff would. So, changing your view of the world for these few days will change the meaning of these few days completely.
- Watch a Christmas movie: Nothing can set the mood better, than a movie that was made with the sole purpose of doing that. There is an enormous selection for you to choose from, and I know that some of them are extremely cheesy, but if you find a good one, then you are in for a treat!
- ALSO READ: Creating Your Christmas Happiness
- Visit people you haven’t seen for a while: It could be your parents, grandparents, or even old friends. Take some time, during this time of connection and happiness that we call Christmas, to visit some people that you haven’t seen in a while, but never had time to go see them during the year.
- New Year, new me: I’m sure you’ve heard this phrase before. Since Christmas is on the end of the year, with the next one approaching rapidly, it’s a good idea to start working on the things you want to change on yourself and the things around you. And what better of a time to start working on them, than the holiday that is filled with miracles?
Meaningful Christmas Quotes
- Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect. – By Oren Arnold
- Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most. – By Ruth Carter Stapleton
- Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values. – By Thomas S. Monson
- I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas Day. We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity of the whole year. As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year. And thus I drift along into the holidays – let them overtake me unexpectedly – waking up some fine morning and suddenly saying to myself: ‘Why, this is Christmas Day! – By David Grayson
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. – By Burton Hillis
- Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. – By Peg Bracken
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. – By Norman Vincent Peale
- Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts. – By Janice Maeditere
- I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month. – By Harlan Miller